Welcome to Tut Roofing™, Our Roofing services include the following: New Roofing installation, Roof Replacement or Re Roofing, Roofing Additions/Extensions, Roofing Repairs and maintenance, leaking Roof Repairs, bedding and Re Pointing and 40° Roof Installation. we are a roofing company located in Perth Western Australia. Call 0430 551 300. Our company works directly with builders, owner builders, and homeowners. We are the best roofing company in Perth. Your search for the best roof tiler ends here at Tut Roofing… roofing contractor.
Installing New Roof
When installing a new tile roof, there are 11 Steps taken to successfully complete the roofing process on time and on budget. There are also 9 different types of materials to be used for the roof. And yet there are 15 steps taken in place for the roofing installation process in order to successfully complete a new roof. 1. measurements: We measure the roof size either by: a). By reading the Plans or b). By physically onsite measuring floor m2; which is L x W x Roof Pitch Code using tape measure and so on.
2. Quoting for materials and labour. Now that we know how big the roof is by doing the measurements on the step 1. This means that we also know how much materials will be needed. We do this by calculating how much materials are needed per m2. For example: We need – 13 tiles per m2 – 3.4 Linear meter of battens per m2 and 3 lengths of ridge caps per meter and so on…
a). We price for the materials by letting our suppliers quote on materials. b). And then we also price for our labour costs.
3. Before we can do anything, the materials must be paid for and delivered to the job site or on the property being build in order for us to start the roofing installation process. There are 9 different types of materials needed to building a new roof. And these materials are as follows: 1. Battens 2. Nails 3. tiles 4. Ridge Caps 5. Sand 6. Cement 7. Water 8. Flexi 9. Sarking (This material is optional in Western Australia).
4. Then after the confirmation of the delivery of the roofing materials is made, we then start the roofing installation process. There are 15 different types of steps taken when installing a new tile roof. Here is a step by step on how a tile roof is installed: 1. Peck out the Roof 2. Stand up battens 3. Lay on battens 4. Cut in battens 5. Nailing off 6. Bump up tiles 7. Sheeting in tiles 8. Cutting hips and valleys 9. Bedding ridge caps 10. Whee poling the Top Ridges 11. Point the roof ridge caps 12. Clean dags 13. Change Broken tiles 14. Blow off the whole roof 15. Clean Gutters 16. Pack up Tools in the trailer.
5. Now the roof is 100% Completed.
10. We then pay wages to our employees and making sure that their taxes are paid in full.
11. We then Put everything on records on our computer system and the job is finalised and the 10 year warranty has started on the day the customer receives the receipts and or invoices with the reference number which contains the date of completion and the customer initials letters at the end of the reference number.
Cause of Roof Leakage
There are 7 reasons that can cause roof leakage: 1. Broken tiles 2. chipped tiles 3. Broken tiles under the solar panels on the roof 4. Cracked ridge caps 5. Around solar hot water system. 6. around Whirl y birds and flashing. 7. Around the valleys (wrongly cut valley tile pieces).
Repairing Leaking Roof.
There are 7 reasons why your roof is leaking and there is only 4 ways of fixing that roof leakage: 1. By replacing all the broken and chipped tiles. 2. By pointing: a). Around solar hot water system b). By pointing: around Whirl y birds and flashing. 3. By re pointing the whole roof when there are Cracked ridge caps. 4. By Re-cutting the valley pieces. When we come to repair your roof leakage: 1. We will take 1 roof tile and take it to the second hand roof tiles yard so that we get the exact same tiles on your roof because all roof tiles have varieties shapes and sizes.
Roof Replacement or Re-Roofing have exactly the same steps as putting on a new roof. Except the old tiles gotta be removed first before renewing of the roof. When removing the tiles off the old roof the owner always have 2 options a). By throwing away the roof tiles in the skip bin or b). By saving the old tiles and selling them to a second hand tiles yard. When option a). is chosen then we will have the bin closer to the roof so that the roof tiling team can just through the tiles in the bin straight away from taking them off the roof. But when option b). is chosen, it takes longer because we have to use the elevator to get them from the roof to the ground making sure that the tiles are not broken. The old battens are taken off and must go to rubbish pile.
With Roofing extensions, this means when your family has run out of bedrooms and you want to add additional space to the property and then you may as well extent the roof also. it has the same procedures like new roofing installation: except when you have to match the roofing gauges and get the same or matching to the existing roof tiles on your existing roof.
4 Reasons Why To Choosing Tile Roof.
1. Tile Roofs can survive major weather conditions such as cyclones, heavy wins that tin roof can’t stand. 2. Roof tiling has existed for over 2,000 years since Jesus was in this world. 3. Roof tiles are OK with a hot and sunny weather, while tin roofs make the house hotter and hotter because it’s metal and it’s a heat conductor. 4. Every tile on your roof is important. If there is anything wrong with a tile it can easily be replaced. While if there is anything wrong with sheet on a tin roof is harder to replace.
The Bible Talks About Roof Tiling
(Luke 5:18-20 NIV)
Jesus Heals A Paralytic 18 Some men came carrying a paralysed man on a mat and tried to take him into the house to lay him before Jesus. 19 When they could not find a way to do this because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on his mat through the tiles into the middle of the crowd, right in front of Jesus. 20 When Jesus saw their faith, he said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven.”
Here at Tut Roofing, our qualified team of professionals guarantees you a high-quality workmanship with anything to do with roof tiling. The following are the roofing services that we provide and are qualified to do
Whether you’re building units or just a new home, you will be able to select your roof tiles from 4 different roof tiles manufacturing companies. Such asBGC, Bristile, Monier Prime & Boral Roof Tiles.Each one of them makes different tile profiles and different colors; e.g. Villa, Alpine, Alabama, shingles and so on… we have a contract with all the 4 different roof tiles makers and are familiar with any kind of tiles whether it’ll be Concrete or Clay we install them all.
We can remove the old tiles off your roof and put brand new ones on, Don’t paint your roof especially when the painting will not help the aging of your roof. imagine your roof has only left with 5 years life expectancy and you painted it say around 3 to $4000. After five years you would want a new roof worth let say $17,000 This would mean that you just threw $4k into the trash bin. The decisions we make right now will shape our future. Some mistakes can heavily be punished by what my friends like to call “Karma”.
When you want to extend your property/house to be bigger, we’re able to buy exactly the same tiles on your roof so that they joint in together to the main roof and tiles fit in correctly.
Bedding & Pointing
When it comes to maintenance, we can fix your roof leakage, and we could also re-bedded & re-point your roof if needed.
40° Roofing Installation
We can also install 40° roofs. There are techniques taken into installing such a very high pitch roof which is a trick but it’s only known to roof tilers. Installing a 40° roof is easy but it can be slow and take time because you have to sark it as well. But it gets done anyway by the end of the day.
This section of your home page is used to display team members who have at least one published post on your website. The author avatar, name, and description are all able to be configured on your user settings page.
What Our Customers Think
I laboured for Tut for 1 week and he was an excellent boss he treated me with dignity, bought me lunch and paid wages promptly! Any time you need me on short notice do not hesitate to call me.
Tut and his crew came to my rescue after I had an accident on my roof. Within just a few short hours, Tut and his team came to quote, and returned to complete the job quickly before the rain. Very thorough, and professional. I will be using Tut Roofing ™ in future.